As part of the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) signed with the Malta Information Technology Agency (MITA) and the National Commission Disabled Persons (KNPD), FITA is collaborating with Melita Plc in order to ensure that steps are taken to minimise the digital divide. In doing so we empower individuals to contribute productively to society and the economy.
The services below involve financial subsidies subject to agreements between FITA and the respective service providers. Unless otherwise stated, renewal of these services is required on an annual basis.
Melita Internet / Telephony offer criteria
- Applicants must be 8 years old or older
- Only special identity card (SID) holders are eligible
- The service is available only to Melita Internet users
- The application must be presented together with the original SID Card, at any Melita sales branch.
The Melita Internet/Telephony Scheme offers reduced prices for either one of the following three distinct packages:
Package 1 – Melita Freedom Pack
- Mobile + Fixed Line Freedom package Euro 12.99 and a discounted Mobile handset. (The normal price of this offer as at 1/11/13 is €14.99)
- All FITA members will be given a discount of Euro 2.00 per month for the fixed services. This translates into a substantial cost savings as the line rental and charges for fixed to all fixed calls are absolutely free.
- The end user can retain the same Fixed number they currently have
- The calls between the fixed and the Freedom Melita number also free
- The 10 Euro mobile credit is deposited into the account automatically every month and can be used at a later date
- A free Nokia 301 or a Huawei Y210 3G handset will be given with every subscription for free
Package 2 – Melita Internet + Fixed Telephony
- INTERNET + Fixed Line : 30 mbps Internet connection including free installation Euro 19.99 Monthly for 30 Mbps ( (The normal price of this service is €21.99)
- Monthly download volume up to 75 Gigabytes
- Unlimited telephony (All fixed/land line numbers)
Package 3: Internet + Fixed Telephony + Mobile prepaid
- An Internet and mobile telephony offer costing Euro 31.99 Monthly
- Internet 30 mbps ( Monthly download Volume 75Gigabytes)
- Fixed Telephony (Unlimited telephony (All landline numbers)
- Mobile Handset (Prepaid) – a free Nokia 301 or a Huawei Y210 3G handsets will be given with every subscription
- The 10 Euro mobile credit is deposited into the account automatically every month and can be used at a later date.
- This translates into a substantial cost savings as the line rental and charges for fixed to all fixed calls are absolutely free.
- The end user can retain the same number they currently have.
Applicants can apply from 1st November 2013 to 31st October 2015.
- Application Form
- Melita presentation held on 2nd December 2014.
Disability NGOs or other groups of disabled persons who wish to learn more and have us organise a similar presentation targeting your queries about this initiative, may contact us here